Common pantry pests include Indian meal moths and Beetles.
The majority of infestations begins in the food processing plant, warehouse, delivery vehicle or retail store, and then are brought into the home.
How to identify a pantry pest?
- Small holes in the packaging.
- Webbing by in the tighter areas of the package.
What to do?
- If the pests are present in groceries you’ve just purchased, place the food in a bag in the freezer, for four days. After four days the insects will be dead.
- Take your receipt and food back to the store and alert the manager.
- If the food is not recently purchased, place the contaminated food in a sealed bag and discard outside the home.
- If there still ray ban outlet is a problem, contact a licensed pest professional.
How to avoid pantry pests?
- Immediately wipe jordan sale up any crumbs or spills from countertops, tables, floors and shelves.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Before purchasing items look for signs of damage.
- Add a bay leaf to canisters and packages of dry cheap jerseys goods like flour, rice and other grains- their pungent scent repels many pantry pests.
- Check expiration dates on baking ingredients before use. If expired, do not use.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
Craig Thomas Pest Control, in partnership with Orkin Pest Control, is your Hudson Valley pest professional serving oakley outlet Hyde Park, Wappingers Falls, Newburgh, Cheap mlb Jerseys Woodstock and surrounding areas. Contact us for a free estimate by phone at 1-800-255-6777.
Bed Bugs. Instantly, when this topic is brought up in conversation, people ask: “What are bed bugs”, “Where wholesale nfl jerseys to they live” , “What do they eat”. There are many myths plus many do’s and don’ts regarding bed bugs available online. The most important thing to remember is, listen to a professional before trying “solutions.”
Bed Bug Myths
Below are some bed bug myths:
<img class="alignright size-medium wp-image-1424" title="BedBug" src="/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/BedBug-300×203.jpg" alt="" width="300" height="203" srcset="http://callcraig.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/BedBug-300×203.jpg 300w, http://callcraig.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/BedBug.jpg 840w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) cheap jerseys 100vw, 300px” />
Myth #1: You can’t see bed bugs. Adult bed bugs are the size, shape and color of an apple seed. Younger bed bugs (nymphs) and bed bug eggs can be difficult to see.
Myth #2: Bed bugs are found in unsanitary and low income areas. Bed bugs can be found in clean and unclean facilities from five star hotels, shelters, residential homes, commercial buildings and schools.
Myth #3: Throwing away the mattress hockey jerseys will get rid of bed bugs. Bed bugs are not contained to bed areas and can live within 10 ft of sleeping areas.
Myth #4: I don’t have any bug bites, so I don’t have bed bugs. Everyone reacts to bed bug bites differently – some react, while others don’t.
Myth #5: Bed bugs cause diseases. There is no evidence proving bed bugs cause disease.
When traveling it is important to take steps to avoid bringing bed bugs home. As your Hudson Valley bed bug exterminator, we are a licensed and trained in bedbug control. We have the experience; tools and knowledge to help get rid of bed bugs fast from Poughkeepsie, Kingston, Monroe, Hudson and surrounding areas. For more information on bed bugs or bed bug treatments, contact us by phone 800-255-6777, email.
Tips for Finding a Profesional
- Qualified and licensed. Always deal with a licensed pest control professional to solve your pest problem.
- Membership. Evaluate a company by their membership of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Insurance. Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- Price. If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management companies.
- Buy value, not price. Beware of exterminators that offer bargains that sound too good to be true.
- Guarantee. If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control, prevention and management are necessary.
- The plan of action to handle infestations. Do not hire a bed bug company unless they can provide you with some type of bed bug protocol beforehand and/or after the inspection.
- Does the company endorse or require the use of encasements? cheap oakleys The most effective bed bug eradication plans require the use of encasements on all mattresses and box springs. For more than one reason, we believe this to greatly aid in managing and treating a bed bug infestation.
- Tools. The company should employ several control methods.Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an approach to pest management that involves using both chemical and non-chemical measures to manage pest infestations. The use of vacuum and steam has proven to be a very effective and useful tool in bed bug management program. This is usually part of an IPM protocol, and is an effective alternative to pesticides.
- Educational Materials. A knowledgeable pest control company will provide you with educational materials educating you on the behavior and biology of bed bugs, and what you cheap jerseys can do to aid in the eradication process. They should also provide you with directions, written or spoken, or what to do during treatments.
We at Craig Thomas Pest Control, in partnership with Orkin Pest Control, are proud to be members of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). NPMA an organization including many pest management companies, whose many goals is to protect the health, home and/or property from pest. Craig Thomas is even on the board of directors! KURBAN As division of NPMA includes QualityPro. QualityPro increases the professionalism of the pest management industry, by instituting background and reference checks on all new employees, drug testing, clear contracts and warranties among a host of other items. On top of all of these qualifications, we are BedBugFree Certified. This certification shows the commitment Craig Thomas Pest Control has in controlling bedbugs.
We are a licensed and trained in bedbug control and would like the opportunity to protect your health, home and property in the near future. For questions, contact us by phone 800-255-6777.
Living in the northeast cheap mlb jerseys it is almost expected to have a mice or two in your home or structure. Although a mice or two may not sound like a big cheap jerseys deal, fake oakleys it is! Rodents carry disease and destroy property. Tackling a rodent problem may be out of the realm for some Cornwall homeowners, but calling a pest professional should not be. Craig hockey jerseys Thomas Pest Control likes to remind Poughkeepsie homeowners that prevention is the key to reducing pests and rodents in and around your home.
Dangers of rodents:
- Mice are prolific breeders. A mouse can have 5-10 litters a year with 3–14 young at a time. Mice populations can increase very quickly.
- Rodents continuously gnaw to keep their teeth short. Gnawing can be on wood, trim and even wires causing fires.
- Mice spread disease through their urine, leaving trails everywhere they go.
- A cheap jordan single mouse drops an estimated 25,000 rice-sized droppings a year, or about 70 per day.
- Rodents in your structure exposes you and your family to Salmonella, tapeworms, infectious jaundice, plague & Hantavirus.
Effective rodent control in Rhinebeck, Fishkill, Gardiner and surrounding areas requires exclusion, satiation and population reduction.
- Exclusion is another word for sealing or preventing entry ways. Using a combination of materials, Craig Thomas Pest Control, in partnership with Orkin Pest Control, performs exclusion work from the interior and exterior around windows/doors, pipes, wires, ducts and other areas to reduce rodent’s About mobility. As stated above, rodents are dangerous.
- If a rodent problem has gone unattended for a period of time, sanitizing the areas where rodents have nested will reduce the risk of health concerns associated with mice and rats.
- Reducing rodent populations is accomplished through strategically placed traps and bait. Rodent control requires follow up visits to ensure they program is working properly. On these visits, Craig Thomas Pest Control re-positions rodent equipment, replenishes bait stations and performs exclusion where necessary.
While every customers needs are different, every structure and infestation level are unique. Craig Thomas Pest Control, a local pest management professional performs free evlautions to develop the best solution of your home and property.
Termites vs. Carpenter Ants
How to tell the difference?
How to tell the difference between the wholesale nfl jerseys two insects can be difficult.
Key features of <a title="Ant Identification Fake Oakleys & Characteristics” href=”/pest-identification/ants/” target=”_blank”>Carpenter Ants:
- Very large, usually black, about 1/2″ in size.
- Distinct one segment pedicel (‘knob’) protruding from the link between the thorax and abdomen.
- Abdomen encircled by yellow hairs.
- Thorax throwback nba jerseys is a evenly rounded C.
- Carpenter ants nesting in wood only hollow out ‘galleries’ for reproduction.
- Early signs of structural infestations are swarms of adult reproductive flyers in or around the home.
- Most often they can be observed at dusk or dawn when they are most active.
- Sawdust around baseboards and walls is also evidence of carpenter By ant activity.
Key features of Termites:
- Characteristics – Size: Worker/Solider: 1/8-inch in length. Primary/Supplementary Reproductive: About 1 inch in length.
- Color: Soldier: Light colored with brown head. Supplementary Reproductive/ Worker: Light colored. Primary Reproductive: Dark brown/black.
- Behavior – This termite is known to swarm in May and June, but small flights can occur at any time of the year.
- Swarming is the primary way the termite naturally spreads after it has been transported to a new area.
- Three elements are needed for swarming to be effective:
- Proper food resources (cellulose and wood), moisture, and 3) Wholesale Jerseys a physical niche.
- Habitat – Subterranean termites live in colonies in the ground, building vertical tunnels that look like mud tubes above ground level so fake oakleys that they can search for food. Subterranean termites will die if exposed to air for an extended period of time, so the tunnels provide protection from the open air, allowing workers to carry food to the nest. Subterranean termites can form tunnels through cracks in concrete, so slab homes are not exempt from these termites. They need to stay in contact with the soil in order to survive.
To learn more about developing a pest management plan best suited for your needs, call the team at Craig Thomas Pest Control, in partnership with Orkin Pest Control!